Central Europe is specific geographical region with significant influence share of agricultural land in Europe with a good quality and climate conditions. The proposal of the project arises from the need to contribute to sustain quality of agricultural land and food security in the EU. Therefore, the main objective of the project is to foster a dialogue between the crucial stakeholders of agricultural land protection in Central Europe affecting the achieving the objectives of EU agri-environmental and EU food policy.
Specific objectives of the project are:
- to promote discussion about sustainability of the agricultural land quality and acreage in Central European countries and subsequently in the EU;
- to boost knowledge about the quality and acreage of agricultural land in Central European countries;
- to strengthen effectiveness of land-use governance in Central Europe and the EU.
The main objective will be achieved through following activities:
- strengthening the discussion Central European stakeholders at different levels of competences in the field of agricultural land protection
- encouraging cooperation between researchers, academics and experts within the field of land protection in Central Europe and in the EU;
- gathering and exchanging the knowledge and expertise among stakeholders from Central Europe;
- providing information about the agricultural land protection to involved stakeholder in Central Europe as well as in the EU.
Cross-fertilisation and spread content idea of the project is visible in the content of the activities which achieve the objective of the project; all activities respect multidisciplinary approach on the agricultural land protection (socio-economic, legal, political and environmental aspect). Discussion about Central Europe and the EU agricultural land protection will be lead in mutual synergy of stakeholders at different levels of competence (academics, managing and control authorities, practice) what may influence further dialogue on this issue in the whole EU.
Activities of the proposed project will be realized through the following outputs:
- project website updated continuously during and after the project period;
- presentation prepared once per project period;
- conference organized once per project period;
- online conference proceedings issued once per project period;
- Report issued once per project period.
Outcomes of the proposed project will be:
- reinforced mutual cooperation among all stakeholders (academics, managing and control authorities, practice) and within specific fields individually;
- improved knowledge of teaching and research activities of educational and research institutions in the EU and in Central European countries;
- enhanced governance of agricultural land protection in Central European countries and subsequently in the EU.
- sustaining the quality of agricultural land in Central Europe in the context of the EU
agri-environmental policy and the EU food policy;
- contribution to develop land footprint of the EU for Central Europe;
- harmonization of political tools and implementation measures related to agricultural land protection in Central Europe;
increasing awareness of the land value for civil society, especially within the EU